Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Cromwell's dedication from the [Lazy]Eyes of a witness

• Tell your day-to-day stories here
Tell your day-to-day stories here
 #1694  by LazyEyes

It seems like so much of the apocalypse is waiting for people who may be dead. I had crouched behind a warehouse under a bush avoiding the infected that used to populate the small coastal village. One infected shambled by in tattered clothing. I imagined the peaceful small town life the person lived prior to the infection. This pleasant thought was torn from me as the infected turned and lurched forward. My heart skipped a beat as I prepared to take care of it. However, it ran right past me.

I looked around the corner past the warehouse I was sitting by. The infected was springing at a man who appeared to be well armed. An ak on his back in military dress. He was facing away from me, in the process of pulling a fire axe out of the skull of one infected. I approached as he replaced his axe in the skull of the other now dangerously close to him. While the situation was anything but safe he seamed calm, at peace even. As I approached with my magnum drawn I asked that he put the axe away. He listened, and tucked it away.

As I approached I noticed he had a mask, white porcelain at the top with a blood red jaw at the bottom. Since he had so kindly stowed his weapon I asked if he needed anything. He rejected my offer and asked if I did, while littering the ground with objects vital for survival. I thanked him for his offer but declined as well. I was suspicious, with such a vile mask and such friendly behavior this had to be a trap.

"Are you here alone?" i asked mildly confused.

"Here, yes." he replied.

"Do you have any affiliations in this area?" I asked again more insistent.

"I lead the Cult of Cromwell" he replied.

I had thought I miss heard him. Who would greet a stranger in this way? I asked him to repeat himself a few times, until my denial receded, replaced with discomfort. I explained

"I am religiously atheistic, tell me, what are your precepts?" I said.

He began to explain calm at first, the meaning of his words quickly lost in his excitement. He pulled out a pistol causing me to jump back. Instead of aiming it at me however he knelt on his knees still preaching with violent vigor, drawing the pistol up to his temple. Mid sentence he fearlessly pulled the trigger. For a moment I forgot where I was. I called for help, anybody, there must be something I could do. I came back to my senses and realized this was the apocalypse and his self sacrifice was final.

The only explanation I could think of was, that such desperate situations lead to desperate actions. Then again, who knows maybe he was on to something, how else could a person be at peace with such a terrible existence. Either way, prepare yourself citizens of the colonies of Chernarus. A dark cult is rising. It's members are fearless. It's sacrifices are sever. Beware.

LazyEyes