Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• hearing strange things today

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1351  by schokkwave

So I log in today, and as soon as I get in, I hear this horrible crying man sound... I look around for someone and see no one, meaning the sound came from me. Then about 5 minutes later, I hear it again, and I am again alone... so am I haunted or is my toon crying about something? Im in perfect health, so its not that...
 #1406  by schokkwave

Lol no I had never eaten a person... I didn't even know this was possible...
 #1849  by JeSTeR

Lol no I had never eaten a person... I didn't even know this was possible...
It is possible since the update 0.51. All you need to do is using a kitchen knife, improvised stone knife or a machete to skin and quarter a player's dead body (go close to the body with the knife on your hand).
Laughing and crying sounds are one of the cannibalism side effects, meaning if you eat some human meat, there are good chances of crying and laughing several times.
The sounds of the game are still a bit buggy though, if you've heard a few laughs or cries without eating any meat or not having anyone around, it's probably a bugged sound. Already happened with me and other players. It's like the buggy sounds of eating and drinking you'll randomly hear while no one's eating or drinking.
I hear laughing and crying often coming from my character because I am a cannibal, but that's another story ;)
 #1850  by knives613

Another thing to remember is that since the laughing/ crying is bugged it may be hard to tell who a cannibal is but if you stare at another player long enough you will notice a twitch every few seconds, that is one of the side effects of Kuru. :devil:
 #1851  by scurvydan

knives613 wrote:Another thing to remember is that since the laughing/ crying is bugged it may be hard to tell who a cannibal is but if you stare at another player long enough you will notice a twitch every few seconds, that is one of the side effects of Kuru. :devil:
I like to call it my little love jump :D
 #1870  by DudeLebowski

I've had the cannibal laugh come across a couple of times in game, both were glitches. Quite terrifying especially when travelling alone. haha

Wonder if it still holds true that glitch sounds will play in Mono and actual game sounds are stereo/directional?
 #1884  by schokkwave

These voices may indeed be inside my head... I am feeling the hunger...