Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• Newbie Question concerning Multiple Servers

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #5021  by Morgan Castle

Okay so, I'm actually really new to DayZ. By that, I mean US-2 Colony is the third server I've ever been on. With that in mind, I have a question or two, or a few. If this is in the wrong area, could a mod or admin move it? Thanks.

Okay so the question. I've heard the phrase "server hopping" and I understand it to mean that you carry the same character and gear across multiple servers, or something to that effect. I've also heard the phrase "no-hop server", referring to servers where you definitively have a fresh character for that server, you don't bring a character across. This opens a question I'm not willing to answer with free-form testing, because I have too much stuff on my character on US-2 and nowhere to put it (yet). The question being, does a server save my character?

To give an example, say I had a character on US-2, with gear. A friend can't join US-2 because he doesn't have a facebook, but he can join US-1 or US-3. I want to play with this friend, so we both get on US-3. When I get back to my character on US-2, will I still have my US-2 gear or will playing on US-3 mess things up and leave me with a fresh character when I return to US-2?

This is actually an important question because the example is a legit situation I'm facing. Help?