Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• My Review of the server.

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #2914  by Tasluk

The idea of the colony is a very good one, and the people who play seem nice enough. I have enjoyed the few times I have played on the server and have enjoyed reading about Jester's, Mr. Petes, and Mic & Vic's experiences in Polona on facebook, so I think you guys should keep it up and not get discouraged by the KOSers.

However, the main problem I have had with the server is getting friends whitelisted to have someone able to play with that I trust. The facebook and twitter requirement needs to be thrown out. I have friends who dont trust facebook, and dont use twitter yet it is a requirement for them to whitelist. While I see it as a means of getting to know the players personally, there doesnt seem to be a good sign of faith when the accounts we are "befriending" seem fake. I really believe another method should be looked at.

Preventing hackers is a good reason but you are also preventing good people from also being able to play. People who do not hack, but also do not wish to expose personal information to people they dont know. I have noticed the server IP to Teamspeak, and the server also changes from time to time..for various reasons. I would make an easier way for people to find the server IP's for both the Teamspeak or server.

So ultimately..

Ping of server- 8/10 -- Overall, I cant complain.
Environment of server 7/10 - Good community but there are obstacles to getting to know them.
Ease of access to the server: 3/10- Server IP changes and extra protections against hackers protect the server..you can also shut it down to protect it even better. Needs to make it easier for the "stupid joe" like me to access.
But that is just my opinion..good luck with the server idea, I hope it works out for everyone. I will just have to be playing elsewhere for
Privacy Protection 0/10- - Had to throw this in there... Facebook and twitter are windows into peoples personal lives. There are crazy people out in the world and a few of them, I am willing to bet, play Dayz.

So long to the stories...and keep it real.
 #2920  by Weyland

Tasluk wrote:However, the main problem I have had with the server is getting friends whitelisted to have someone able to play with that I trust. The facebook and twitter requirement needs to be thrown out. I have friends who dont trust facebook, and dont use twitter yet it is a requirement for them to whitelist. While I see it as a means of getting to know the players personally, there doesnt seem to be a good sign of faith when the accounts we are "befriending" seem fake. I really believe another method should be looked at.
Thanks for the review!

FaceBook and Twitter are very good tools to keep us hacker-free as well as to be able to be in touch with the community in a nano-second. These tools are a must. Out of almost 800 applications I think we lost 5-10 from people not wanting to give us their FB. Based on those numbers, its a non-issue.

As far as trust issues, if your friends use Google Chrome...the data-mine much much more than FB does. Tell them your experience and maybe they'll reconsider. Keep us posted!
 #2925  by IvanS.

It's too bad privacy isn't taken seriously with facebook being a requirement and all.
Last edited by IvanS. on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #3033  by MasterShake

You say you have 800 plus applicants....but every time the server goes whitelist only its the same six people on it. And it only goes whitelist at like 4am. Sketch.

Also your fb account is fake, your name is fake. Why do i have to give you my real account and name when you dont even have to follow your own rules? Its definitely an issue, homie.

The way i see it is youre hella busy phishing them easy catches. Sketchy dude. Sketchy.