Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• This is a Role Play server

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #1648  by MikeB

We came to play in a fun hacker free environment.

Killing someone while they spawn into the map while it is still loading and they can't react:
- while not a hack, it is an abuse of the way the game is currently designed (character loading into an environment before player can control it)
- is very unsportsmanlike
- goes against the grain of a RP environment

If you are one of the few people that do this, keep in mind that as this community grows stronger and the playable slots on the server become more premium, the need to get rid of the weeds will grow.

You will be among those that the community will push to get rid of.

You have an opportunity now to change your ways and become a true member of the community. Please do so.
 #1656  by DaHes

I have to agree. While I'm not really a victim of KOS (because I avoid others that I don't know), this server is getting a bad rep for being a KoS server. To new people joining the server especially, but also to the general player base.

There really is no sense in killing fresh spawns, even though some call it "prevent defense" which is a piss poor excuse to flex your superior gear and e-penis. There have been times where players fail to RP completely and just act like imbeciles; killing people who have no weapon and have nothing to their character but some trivial loot like food or a garden hoe.

"Every interaction is what you make of it", but there are a handful of players on this server that make every single interaction a blood bath. It gets old after a while and can slowly cause attrition. Perhaps the persistence being turned off is what is plaguing the RP, but I don't wanna start seeing people leave/not play on this server because they don't get a chance.

I guess in the end, people will play how they wanna play, even if it means ruining the experience for others who may be starting off fresh.
 #1670  by Az10k

DaHes wrote:I have to agree. While I'm not really a victim of KOS (because I avoid others that I don't know), this server is getting a bad rep for being a KoS server. To new people joining the server especially, but also to the general player base.

There really is no sense in killing fresh spawns, even though some call it "prevent defense" which is a piss poor excuse to flex your superior gear and e-penis. There have been times where players fail to RP completely and just act like imbeciles; killing people who have no weapon and have nothing to their character but some trivial loot like food or a garden hoe.

"Every interaction is what you make of it", but there are a handful of players on this server that make every single interaction a blood bath. It gets old after a while and can slowly cause attrition. Perhaps the persistence being turned off is what is plaguing the RP, but I don't wanna start seeing people leave/not play on this server because they don't get a chance.

I guess in the end, people will play how they wanna play, even if it means ruining the experience for others who may be starting off fresh.
That is so true! Persistence on = more RP less KoS... I speak for myself
 #1679  by xHiper

In fact persistence has nothing to do with KoS. What does the eye has in common with the legs?, people killed and kill on sight regardless if there's persistence or not. They will still do it, as Weyland once said: you are not restricted for killing people, but please try to interact with them before you do it.
What do I want to say is: If you people like to kill everything you see, do it roleplaying, try to interact (like scaring people or torturing them ICly) before you pull the trigger, please.
 #1683  by MoeksOne

A lot of players will not play the same once persistence is back on and there is an actual risk to getting into a gunfight / going into a town. At this point, it takes 10 minutes to gear up with more than enough gear to be viable in a battle. When it's turned back on, there will be many more things to have to worry about other than killing other players, food scarcity being one of them. I won't even get started on how bad persistence off is for immersion / role play, considering you can't have a farm / base / camp site / home.
 #1684  by IvanS.

MoeksOne wrote:A lot of players will not play the same once persistence is back on and there is an actual risk to getting into a gunfight / going into a town. At this point, it takes 10 minutes to gear up with more than enough gear to be viable in a battle. When it's turned back on, there will be many more things to have to worry about other than killing other players, food scarcity being one of them. I won't even get started on how bad persistence off is for immersion / role play, considering you can't have a farm / base / camp site / home.

So if things are going to be more difficult to get isn't it just going to promote more killing and killing without interaction more since you know killing someone with things you need is a lot easier than finding the stuff yourself. Persistence isn't going to change anything except people can stock pile.
 #1693  by spaace

It will bring a whole new wave of the way some people play. Thing KOS is bad now? Wait for later when they can't camp chopper sites and such.

I'll be happy when they update the BE client and finally block ESP

Addition: Do most of the people actually understand what a roleplay server is?
 #1772  by Tribal

Just to be clear ... Ivan.. I dont think you understand or remember how persistence worked on this server. There was more food/gear than even now.. Please make sure your past experience with persistence was recent enough to make valid points.
 #1789  by IvanS.

I've played a lot of persistence, I was responding to him saying things being less available would make people more friendly. I didn't play on this server when persistence was on, but I've never been on a server where loot was spread out, there was either very little to no loot or there was loot explosions. The only time there was a regular amount of loot around everywhere was on a Wednesday when servers get wiped.