Advanced Role-Play Systems 

• My 2 cents [For new peeps, old peeps and peeps in charge]

• Discussion for all things DayZ
Discussion for all things DayZ
 #2811  by Gaunt

Maybe its because I have too much free time to appreciate how slow the process is but when it all comes down to it, its just a game and it shouldn't feel like.

THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz3bDON9bNo

This is why its hard for me to even find a community because its either too loose so you get all the jackasses, or its too tight to where you would have to wait in a LINE. I did all the steps and i'm probably gunna kick myself for being impatient but i decided to just erase everything and forget about it. I like your idea and i bet most of you are good eggs but its just so frustrating.

Also even though this wasn't an issue for me I feel as if I just want to point out Weyland's facebook account. Now depending on what you define as "fake" but im sure this isn't your only FB account. The one we click to was probably made exclusively for the DayZ colony. If thats the case I have no idea why people who actually went through all the trouble to make sure they got this process down for white listing, you tell them "no can do" because its new. Your FB account was established in 2014...so technically mine is older than yours... On top of that its a red flag to people that are actually concerned about FB being a requirement if the owner doesn't even provide their real FB if this is the case.

Now I like to find the good in people and Weyland and I had just a very brief convo so I don't think he/she is a bad person. But since its a gaming community how about you just stick to that realm and not complicate things and go outside of this and make people give you their facebook and twitter. On top of that i feel as if you have more people on that FB group than you do on these forums only because it feels like people don't frequent here often if those numbers add up.

If you have legitimate reasons as to why you make people who through this process maybe explain it a bit better on the site. If you really don't....then don't? I really don't think hackers would even want to go through the other steps when they have a huge selection of public servers.

GUID, SteamID, TS interview should be more than enough. And to the people waiting on the interview part maybe you should have more trusted people on that aswell. If you're holding on that because of population control then just tell them, you're maxed out. If not then get on that. It shouldn't feel like a journey. Even though i think i've waited for 4 days im sure people have waited longer than that.

lol...now honestly I think im burnt out I don't even want to play dayZ anymore

Have a good one
 #2812  by Fevero

This feedback is good to know as me and the people in my gaming community are trying to find a good base that is hacker/glitcher free and all that. But not too complicated to join. Alot of my friends rejected this site for the reason that they dont have twitter and rarely use facebook, and they wondered why on earth they needed it in the first place.

From forumposts on offical dayz forums there tend to be a massive dropoff from hackers purely on privateshard servers. and there are lots of local servers and communitys that want to fill there playerbases. The long wait kinda seems to much for my taste but will let the time go and see.
 #2846  by Punisher5795

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is. Were you rejected from an app and got frustrated or are you just overwhelmed by what looks like a massive process?

I've come from other communities where the whitelist was pretty bland and simple. And it absolutely ruined the community. Here, we all know each other. We are all quite close and as such actions/interactions that occur in game carry a lot more weight. Therefore what we do actually has meaning.

I can understand how frustrating it is to go through the process, but it is indeed well worth it. I'm sorry if you don't feel that way. But this is the first (of many) communities I've been to where the owner actually is active in the community and interacts with people. That is something incredibly unique.